Character Customisation - your thoughts? - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast

Thread: Character Customisation - your thoughts?

The only thing I ever NEED to give my characters is a glasses option. I feel very strongly about this lol. The rest I'll take as you please.

sadly i dont think that will happen as it is too tricky.

Sorry if this is inadequate, but all oppinions are usefull , so.. .Personally I don't really care about customisation.

No, that's not well explained, nor is it really true. For me it depands on its priority.

I think the Fable approach mixed with "avatar-choice" would be nice.
    You are chosing a certain character at the beginning, do all the customizing, in the case it's necessary ;
    and during the game your character is changing visually. Over the years and depanding on your actions.

Thoughts, anyone?
    Don't panic!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    There are pranksters, jealousies, rivalries, affairs, fears, suspicion and mistrust....but murder and any notion of an evil deity / evil is not a thing the people of Quill experience.
    Are these things your character can do or just things your character might witness from NPCs?

Well you can prank :-)

Aaaand that's just given me a very interesting idea...

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post

Aaaand that's just given me a very interesting idea...
    Great to see that the communities participation can give you developers stuff to work with that actually gets put in the game!

Lots of community help and ideas going on :-)

100% customization. I too like to get into my characters and the more customization I can get the better. My ideal would be:

Body
    Face shape: Round, Square, Pointed
    Hair style
    Hair colour: Child - Basic colours. Teen/Adult - Unlocks 'all' colours. Old - Tints of grey (like the blue rinse, or the pink tint)
    Eye colour
    Ear shape (?)
    Body shape: Skinny, medium, large

Clothes
    Hat
    Back/Neck
    Chest
    Hands
    Legs
    Feet

I'd have it so no item is gender specific - if a dude wants to wear a dress gardening - then why shouldn't he?
    I'd also would like to see things become unlockable via purchasing and more importantly -> achievement. Things like hair colours/styles, clothes dye, outfits and such. That's my 2c worth

I would love a basic customization at the start (like hairstyle & few color choices) and limited options of clothing, and you could unlock more by quests or by NPC's gifting them to you. It would make them feel more special in my opinion

As it's small sprites we're talking about and not 3D modeled sliders, my standards are not terribly high for customization - though I would like some. In particular: Skin color, hair color and style, and clothing options. Be neat if some of it was unlockable so that as my character goes on in the generations he/she had different clothing options or something.

Small details being customizable aren't all that necessary. Do I care what color my eyes are when they're 2x2 px? No, not really.

Thanks for asking!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast