Character Customisation - your thoughts? - Page 9
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4789

Thread: Character Customisation - your thoughts?

Huge fan of character customization. Like someone had said earlier it helps you feel more connected to your character! Even the ability to choose hairstyles/clothing/skin color would be great. Then maybe the option down the road to change it at a later date at maybe a shop or something?

As long as I can wear a steampunk tophat, I'm cool.

Maybe like 5 hairstyles per gender to choose and the natural colors for hair. I would like different face shapes maybe like heart, round, rectangular. Maybe three eye shapes and five skin colors. I would really love if we could add freckles! I know that would be hard though based on how small it is.
    ~*Love for all*~

I have an idea that's a little bit different, if customizing the Player Character in detail (skin, hair color, hairstyle, clothing, body type) isn't feasible.

Rather than customizing the starter character, how about you choose an orphan with a pre-designed appearance and outfit? Depending on the orphan you pick, you will be given a matching twin.

I'm thinking along the lines of the character select in Sierra's Mixed Up Fairytales (shown below). The children all had different hairstyles, skin and hair colors, and faces. While it would have been beyond the scope of the game to have these features freely selected in a character creation screen, this allowed for variation and personality.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	who.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	18.1 KB 
ID:	215

If clothing and hairstyles etc. do end up customizable, I imagine it to work best in layers like in an avatar dress-up game, perhaps. Your character starts out as a bald, nude pixel figure of whatever skin color you select. Hair, eyes, clothing are layered on top in subsequent steps. Considering that movement in three directions will need to be animated for each variation, however, this strikes me as a lot of work.

Quote Originally Posted by Roddybug View Post
    I have an idea that's a little bit different, if customizing the Player Character in detail (skin, hair color, hairstyle, clothing, body type) isn't feasible.

Rather than customizing the starter character, how about you choose an orphan with a pre-designed appearance and outfit? Depending on the orphan you pick, you will be given a matching twin.

I'm thinking along the lines of the character select in Sierra's Mixed Up Fairytales (shown below). The children all had different hairstyles, skin and hair colors, and faces. While it would have been beyond the scope of the game to have these features freely selected in a character creation screen, this allowed for variation and personality.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	who.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	18.1 KB 
ID:	215

If clothing and hairstyles etc. do end up customizable, I imagine it to work best in layers like in an avatar dress-up game, perhaps. Your character starts out as a bald, nude pixel figure of whatever skin color you select. Hair, eyes, clothing are layered on top in subsequent steps. Considering that movement in three directions will need to be animated for each variation, however, this strikes me as a lot of work Bluestacks TextNow VPN.
    I agree with you it's a good idea
    thank you so much
    cordially
    Last edited by rossi123; January 8th, 2019 at 04:29pm.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4789