Character Customisation - your thoughts? - Page 8
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 36789 LastLast

Thread: Character Customisation - your thoughts?

I just want to say, I feel the same way! Though, I think it might just be me, but everytime I play an rpg game, I always want to stick with the original name instead of having to come up with one. It feels just right to do so. Like for instance, with Pokemon games, especially the older ones, I would perfer to name him Red than any other.

But, I have never thought about the consequences if you do change/customize your character from the original canon base. I would say that would be a pretty neat feature to add!

So a +1 in my boat lol.

I love the idea of character customization! I'm literally that person who will spend an hour+ customizing their character at start, and it's usually a basis on how I choose games. Clothing customization would also be a great addition. I personally love the idea of being able to make your own clothes (tailor profession??) and there being a hairdresser or wig shop in town.

Character customization would be an awesome feature you will also feel more attached when creating your own character!

Quote Originally Posted by Echo View Post
    I love customizing my character in games, so 10/10 idea. I think it would be nice to at least be able to choose skin and hair color, but the more the better I guess. I suggest that instead of having a color picker like Stardew does, having a set pallet would suite Kynseed's style more.
    I completely agree with Echo on this one, I'm sure the devs have a specific plan for the mc's and their development, so add a few different options/palettes that would slightly affect the base game, so for instance if you change mc to a secondary palette then mother Hubbard (or who ever the mother figure would be in future) would also be adapted, as well as any wandering siblings. But keep it basic and neat. Go crazy with styles though.

I agree with most but I'll add a list with some notes. For starters I think the MOST customazation should be on your starting character in terms of race/hair color seeing as this is a game of generations. However on that note I do think that we should use the skin color/hair color as the dominate trait and carry on through children. Just seems in theme with the generation idea.
    Other then that I think everything should be available at any point (maybe even with age unique features if you guys have the time/means/interest) like:
    Clothing
    Facial hair
    Accessories

The only other thing I think would be a really neat feature is if you unlocked some of the appearance things by doing certain things in the game. Like unique blacksmith of apothecary outfits, hair style, and other such items.

Hey guys,
    I read not all the posts, but I think the basic of character creation is to change the hair color, eye color and clothes. However, these are all normal stuff that appear in every game. I would be glad if there were a few surprises if I would create a charakter. Maybe things that affect the next generation. It could be a body skill (running faster or a strong body (1 slot more for equipment?) or eyes which are looking better at night). Or it could be a skill like "animal whisperer". It should be a thing that would make my character unique. (Maybe I could create my own tshirt)

Greetings
    William

Quote Originally Posted by RaginLeprechaun View Post
    Character customization in games is always something I enjoy in games. It helps me with feeling immersed in the world. The art style of this game leads me to not need an in depth creator. I'd like to see options for:

Hair color
    skin color
    Hair style
    Facial hair style
    Clothing
    Accessories(Glasses,Hats)

I like the idea of the world having an affect on your character. Maybe based off how you treat others or what you do to make a living? these affects wouldn't have to be major but would be cool.
    Awesome reply
    Thanks & Regards

We have some basic tech for customisation made but early days yet...will see what we can do.

Clothing, skin and hair colour would be a good start

Huge fan of character customization. Like someone had said earlier it helps you feel more connected to your character! Even the ability to choose hairstyles/clothing/skin color would be great. Then maybe the option down the road to change it at a later date at maybe a shop or something?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 36789 LastLast