Problems with the forum

Thread: Problems with the forum

Problems with the forum

Hello everyone, I hope you're having a great day!
    I just wanted to say that whenever I try to login to my account I often get the "thank you for logging in" screen but when it redirects me to the forum I'm not logged in!
    I'm also logged out whenever I read a thread or visit different sections of the forum, I'm currently using Win 10 if it's of any help, thanks!

Same. It's been that way for me for about a week but I find just hitting refresh logs me in again - the downside is I have to hit refresh on every single new page I open within the forum. Same goes for marking posts as 'read', seeing any new posts etc. If I come back to the forum after a couple of days it's sort of suspended at the snapshot in time from when I last used it (evident because the clock at the bottom of the page is wrong) until I actively refresh it. Bizarre.

Sorry 'bout that! The forums have been acting most peculiar lately (there were some server changes made on the back end that I think might be the cause).

I made some changes a day ago to hopefully sort it out. If you visit the forums and hit Ctrl+F5 once or twice, does that solve the problem for you permanently or does the weird logging out thing keep happening even afterwards?
    Everything in moderation, including moderation.

Not sure if it's just me but things still feel a bit off, takes awhile to update the forums or recognise I'm logged in.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    If you visit the forums and hit Ctrl+F5 once or twice, does that solve the problem for you permanently or does the weird logging out thing keep happening even afterwards?
    It keeps me logged in after the first refresh (logging out again also needs another refresh before it'll register) but each new page I visit still needs to be refreshed before I can see the most up to date version. It's still happening the same today :S.

Alright, thanks for letting me know! I wonder what those server monkeys did in the background...

I'll continue working on it and update you all soon. Cheers!

Ooookay, I think it should be all fixed now. Fingers crossed.

Is anyone still experiencing any of the above issues? If so, try doing one last Ctrl+F5 and see if that does the trick.

Fixed thanks!

I'll see if it works as soon as I get back! Thanks!

Edit: it all runs smoothly now, thanks!