Under Construction! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Under Construction!

Whoa, you can reply without being logged in? That miiight be something that needs to be locked down before bots and trolls take shameless advantage.

Edit: Another thing I noticed is that users can report Staff/Moderator's posts (at least on the mobile site). I'm not sure if that's intended or not, but that's something that potentionally be abused. I might be overly cautious, but I've been part of communities before where members of the moderation team were targeted for harassment with existing forum tools.

Unconfirmed Krisada
    Quote Originally Posted by Signy View Post
    Whoa, you can reply without being logged in? That miiight be something that needs to be locked down before bots and trolls take shameless advantage.

Edit: Another thing I noticed is that users can report Staff/Moderator's posts (at least on the mobile site). I'm not sure if that's intended or not, but that's something that potentionally be abused. I might be overly cautious, but I've been part of communities before where members of the moderation team were targeted for harassment with existing forum tools.
    Login system is kind of strange. I'm not getting confirmation mail since yesterday but I can login, it welcome me, and not log me in. Sometime it log me in, and I can even access general profile setting. It force me to login page when I try to access editing email though, really, just to make sure I type my mail coreectly, which should be the case. Could anyone please check confirmation system for me?

Edit: whoa, the forum forbid me to use registered member name. Now that's neat aside from the fact that it's my name that is unconfirm!

Quote Originally Posted by Unconfirmed Krisada View Post
    Login system is kind of strange. I'm not getting confirmation mail since yesterday but I can login, it welcome me, and not log me in. Sometime it log me in, and I can even access general profile setting. It force me to login page when I try to access editing email though, really, just to make sure I type my mail coreectly, which should be the case. Could anyone please check confirmation system for me?

Edit: whoa, the forum forbid me to use registered member name. Now that's neat aside from the fact that it's my name that is unconfirm!
    Are you able to send Matt a message? If you can make sure to add the email you've registered with.
    ~ Give em a kiss Bullwark ~

Quote Originally Posted by Signy View Post
    I'm thrilled to see such an emphasis on community building. The forums are already fleshing out nicely (the background really makes me hungry for more Kynseed art.) The mobile version is bare-bones vBulletin at the moment, but I'm sure polishing it up is on the to-do list.
    Yeah, I noticed the same thing just yesterday. I'll work on getting that sorted out in an upcoming community update. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by SkyXperish View Post
    The forum is beautiful QAQQ
    I'm so happy!
    Glad you like it, and welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    Looks good for a brand new operation. I look forward to being a part of this community.
    Thanks! Glad to have you over here Annie.

Quote Originally Posted by Eryndir View Post
    Hi!
    I really like the site so far yet I had a few "issues".

Time Zones: I couldn't find my country on the list so I had to pick a different one with the same timezone.

Terms/Conditions: The window was small for me, it made reading the terms uneasy.

That's it! Thank you for creating Kynseed!
    Ah yeah, the Community Guidelines window? I noticed the same thing. I'll add it to the ol' To-Do list. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by edwardvlad View Post
    Hi, just wanted to let you know that I really like where this is going, keep it up devs! I look forward to be on this forum until and after launch.
    Appreciate that edward. Hope to see ya around the community!

Quote Originally Posted by Carbunkel View Post
    In the Profiles section, I don't think some of the options are so relevant. More so that this is a game and not a social project. If I might be so bold, but could you add Discord, Twitter, YouTube and other sections? Please and Thank you.
    Yeah, some of those sections are part of the stock profile options of the forum software. Adding more game-centric profile fields is definitely something I'd like to do soon, in addition to the social media options you mentioned. Thanks for the feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by Unconfirmed Krisada View Post

Hmmm, interesting. Might be an issue with the permissions settings. See if you can send me a PM to tell me what your email is (just so I can confirm it) and then I'll manually activate your account. If you can't send me a PM then just reach out to me on Twitter or email me directly at Matt@PixelCountStudios.com. Sorry for the hassle!
    Everything in moderation, including moderation.

Finally, the badges!
    I like them. They just give the forum more of a forum-feeling I guess.
    Already curious as of what the next levels after Tenderfoot, Wanderer, Greenhorn, Novice and Explorer are going to be.
    Last edited by God; September 9th, 2017 at 09:37pm.

Aaaay for forum badges.
    I'm curious about the level names too tbh. :3c
    (Though part of me really likes the Wanderer title, and doesn't want to go past it.)

Yup, got the badges up and running finally! Also added a few other little bits and bobs here and there. I'll be making a post this week going into how user titles and ranks work. Also been a bunch of little improvements in general made as well, so I might toss a 'Change Log' into this subforum for anyone who finds that sorta stuff interesting. More changes to come of course!

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    I like them. They just give the forum more of a forum-feeling I guess.
    Heh, I know what you mean. And glad ya like them! Made them myself in good ol' of Photoshop. They're somewhat based off of the 2005-era Lionhead forum's badges. I actually have a ton of little nods to the old Lionhead community on these forums - mostly just little things like that. Here's what those old badges looked like, by the way. (This'll be a crazy blast from the past for any 2005-era Lionhead community members on here lurking.)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    [..] I might toss a 'Change Log' into this subforum for anyone who finds that sorta stuff interesting. [..]
    Sure, I'd love that!

Also, have the particles in the forum background been moving all the time?
    Only noticed that now

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Yup, got the badges up and running finally! Also added a few other little bits and bobs here and there. I'll be making a post this week going into how user titles and ranks work. Also been a bunch of little improvements in general made as well, so I might toss a 'Change Log' into this subforum for anyone who finds that sorta stuff interesting. More changes to come of course!

Heh, I know what you mean. And glad ya like them! Made them myself in good ol' of Photoshop. They're somewhat based off of the 2005-era Lionhead forum's badges. I actually have a ton of little nods to the old Lionhead community on these forums - mostly just little things like that. Here's what those old badges looked like, by the way. (This'll be a crazy blast from the past for any 2005-era Lionhead community members on here lurking.)

I remember those. By the time i joined a believe the system was removed but older forum members still had karma ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    Sure, I'd love that!

Also, have the particles in the forum background been moving all the time?
    Only noticed that now
    Cool, I'll get something posted this week then. And yeah, I added the particle effects in the latest big update I did! I intentionally didn't mention it to see if anybody would notice, haha. Even took Neal a day or two to notice. It's some very lightweight javascript that has almost no impact on site load time but but produces, in my opinion, a very cozy effect.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainOsyrus View Post
    I remember those. By the time i joined a believe the system was removed but older forum members still had karma ratings.
    Had no idea you'd been around for that long, Osyrus! What was your username back then? And sounds like you joined shortly after Lionhead moved to an entirely new forum software, so the badges you likely remember seeing are these:

I'm a bit of a Lionhead hoarder and have archived historical files from the many years that the Lionhead community existed. So I've got soooo many files like these just hanging out on a hard drive.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast