Forum acts a little strange

Thread: Forum acts a little strange

Forum acts a little strange

Hello. The forum is acting a little strange for me. When on the index page I am not logged in, however when I enter a sub forum I am.
    I have cleaned my cookies and this problem seems to persist. Is this happening to anyone else?
    Browser is Chrome.

I have the same problem. Also, every time I go to view general discussions, I get the pop up about the welcome PM (which I've read and deleted).

Forums don't appear to be updating either - I posted a new thread that hasn't appeared yet (possibly due to new user moderation though), but "Latest Activity" and new posts aren't appearing. It's like the forum view I had yesterday is just stuck and nothing new is appearing. Weird!

Quote Originally Posted by Awen View Post
    I have the same problem. Also, every time I go to view general discussions, I get the pop up about the welcome PM (which I've read and deleted).

Forums don't appear to be updating either - I posted a new thread that hasn't appeared yet (possibly due to new user moderation though), but "Latest Activity" and new posts aren't appearing. It's like the forum view I had yesterday is just stuck and nothing new is appearing. Weird!
    Yes this all happens to me too, I had added that all to my post but then a cookie clear seemed to fix it. However it started doing it again, I just thought it was on my end. Good to know I am not the only one.

Thanks for reporting this! I'll start poking around in the gears and wires of the forums and see if I can get this sorted out.
    Everything in moderation, including moderation.

Hello! I think I got the problem all sorted. We recently upgraded our server to account for higher traffic, but it seems the server monkeys enabled some wonky cache system which was causing all manner of caching problems here on the forums.

Hopefully it'll all be working smoothly for you now, though if not try doing a Ctrl+F5 to see if that does the trick. And, of course, if you're still experiencing any trouble be sure to let me know and I'll get back on the case.
    Everything in moderation, including moderation.