Blacksmithing

Thread: Blacksmithing

Blacksmithing

I went to buy a Scythe at the blacksmith for Father and ended up in a blacksmith apprenticeship instead or something.
    So I went to the mine and got some tin, then went to the smithy and tried to figure out how to make a scythe but I could not figure out the interface.
    I got stuck at stage 2 'Cooling'. It said I needed to right click on something, but I tried clicking on everything.
    Can anyone help me with how it works?

Quote Originally Posted by Joshauk View Post
    I went to buy a Scythe at the blacksmith for Father and ended up in a blacksmith apprenticeship instead or something.
    So I went to the mine and got some tin, then went to the smithy and tried to figure out how to make a scythe but I could not figure out the interface.
    I got stuck at stage 2 'Cooling'. It said I needed to right click on something, but I tried clicking on everything.
    Can anyone help me with how it works?
    I also struggled with this part for a bit,especially since I use a keyboard and mouse,and some of the instructions only mention the controller inputs. If i remember correctly,for the second stage,you first need to press 2 to get there,then hold right click until the blue reaches the black bar.

As for the last part,it says press A to hit,but for kb+m it is actually E. I'm not sure if they changed this yet since I only played the very first version of the beta so far.

I hope this helps.

For me pressing 2 didnt work to get to the second stage. Instead a double click made it happen.

But it keeps saying "missing Element for creation" in the first stage. Eventhough I do have Ore.
    And it the second stage just nothing happens, no matter what input I am trying.

I am also playing with kb+m.
    Anyone got some advice?

We will be updating it and making it much clearer for the next build. Apologies

Thanks because I've been trying to get a scythe made for the last hour and can't get past the cooling part

I do hope the tin ore respawns because I mined as much as I could and couldn't get past cooling stage. It asked me to reheat it at the forge or furnace, whichever one wasn't a numbered option. I clicked it and got nothing.
    The whole mechanic is kinda eeeeh but I imagine it'll be ironed out in future.
    I did somehow end up with two 'sickles' which I think were moulds, but could be equipped to hotkeys. Of course when I swung it at some grown wheat the game crashed. Adventures!

EDIT
    Okay I figured out what I was doing wrong. The tin ore does respawn.
    Click the forge to start, exit with e.
    Hold right mouse button to fill the mould.
    When it says you need to cool hit 2
    Hold right mouse button and release when it's close to the black line (doesn't seem to be a way to fuck this up)
    Hit 3 to heat it up. My mistake was thinking it meant the 1 option, missing the 'heat' option under 3.
    The durability and flexibility bits are weird and don't seem to work reliably, but if you mess back and forth eventually you'll get a sickle.

Hope this helps! Also might shed some light one where the issues are.
    Last edited by Shio; May 3rd, 2018 at 08:11am. Reason: figured things out

I'm still stuck on cooling.
    I can get to the cooling mode, that easy. I just click my mouse on 2. Cooling in the bottom left corner.
    But from there nothing I do does anything (except escape)
    If I right click, nothing moves at all.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kynseed Smithing1.jpg 
Views:	1127 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	107
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kynseed Smithing.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	106  

I was stuck here until i realised that the sythe was actually made and in my inventory, there just hadnt been a "successful" message, just one telling me there was an ore missing. But there it was in my inventory regardless!

I had trouble with this as well, my mouse double clicks at times and I messed up at least three times.