Welcome to the Kynseed backer build! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Welcome to the Kynseed backer build!

I agree with basically everything Amanea said, especially the thing about targeting and the music. I mostly agree with the time thing, however I suspect that is something Mr. Fairweather will take care of, and that the first several days are supposed to feel rushed/short (if not, then yeah, more time would be really really nice because as is, it's super frustrating).

The biggest input I have is please please please let me have inverse scrolling for the radial menus. Preferably as a toggle in settings because I need it more for the controller than the PC controls (plus I know not everyone loves inverse scrolling...though their subjective opinion is wrong).

Would also love to be able to remap the controls. The keyboard equivalent of the left trigger to display info is not comfortable to click. I'd personally would like shift and control to reverse, but that's just me.

Hey there folks! Thanks for all the feedback so far (we'll be reading each and every bit of it!), but just to help us keep everything nicely organized feel free to make brand new threads for all your feedback and impressions. It makes things much easier for us when it comes to having discussions and keeping track of it all.

Thanks everyone, and keep that feedback coming!
    Everything in moderation, including moderation.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterWildeStone View Post
    Just fiddled with the beta a bit; don't feel like I personally encountered any bugs, maybe just a few things that haven't been finished yet or need more polish. I stopped my romp prematurely because I ended up accidentally riding the pig and couldn't figure out how to dismount. Seemed like I could still do a few things but I couldn't interact with people. Beyond that, my first impressions and suggestion have mostly to do with the UI for interactions and such. I'd made some notes:

I felt the interaction interface was somewhat awkward. I think it would be better if when you opened it, it stayed open and let you select your option through an action, rather than auto-selecting the option you arrow keyed to after lifting your finger from the E key. Being able to move your cursor and select the option would also be good. I selected an option I hadn't meant to a few times from tapping E and having it select the option my cursor happened to be closest to at the time.

When interacting with the world, I didn't have a problem selecting things with the right mouse button, but it felt unnatural for me as the selection key during interactions and on other interfaces, like maybe some other key like E would be appropriate, though that one could just be a personal preference on my part rather than something needing to be changed. When toggling items for gifts or feeding or offerings would be an example of this; I also noticed the arrow keys for selection on this screen are inverted and offer some resistance. I need to hold down the arrow key rather than tapping it to move to another item or it will "bounce back" a bit.

An option to toggle targets for interaction would be good if there isn't one; though I didn't see a need for interacting with the cow in the time I'd played, I had to shuffle around a bit to decide if I wanted to talk to it or the dad milking it.

This one could just be my own incompetence or lack of awareness, but I couldn't read any of the signs
    Tutuapp 9apps Showbox

The games looks and sounds really nice and I appreciated the quirky characters I interacted with and look forward to meeting more of them on my next visit. I was a little disappointed certain systems weren't present in the game yet but I understand they're a bit more complex and will take more time. A somewhat inconsequential nitpick in regard to the startup message: there is a sentence fragment (should be, ...big ideas, and big ideas...) and "independent" is misspelled. Hope I could be of some assistance and I'm excited for more to come! I intend to try and actively pop in and offer my experiences and insights when able
    what are some of these systems that are not yet present in the game ???

Quote Originally Posted by MisterWildeStone View Post
    Just fiddled with the beta a bit; don't feel like I personally encountered any bugs, maybe just a few things that haven't been finished yet or need more polish. I stopped my romp prematurely because I ended up accidentally riding the pig and couldn't figure out how to dismount. Seemed like I could still do a few things but I couldn't interact with people. Beyond that, my first impressions and suggestion have mostly to do with the UI for interactions and such. I'd made some notes:

I felt the interaction interface was somewhat awkward. I think it would be better if when you opened it, it stayed open and let you select your option through an action, rather than auto-selecting the option you arrow keyed to after lifting your finger from the E key. Being able to move your cursor and select the option would also be good. I selected an option I hadn't meant to a few times from tapping E and having it select the option my cursor happened to be closest to at the time.

When interacting with the world, I didn't have a problem selecting things with the right mouse button, but it felt unnatural for me as the selection key during interactions and on other interfaces, like maybe some other key like E would be appropriate, though that one could just be a personal preference on my part rather than something needing to be changed. When toggling items for gifts or feeding or offerings would be an example of this; I also noticed the arrow keys for selection on this screen are inverted and offer some resistance. I need to hold down the arrow key rather than tapping it to move to another item or it will "bounce back" a bit.

An option to toggle targets for interaction would be good if there isn't one; though I didn't see a need for interacting with the cow in the time I'd played, I had to shuffle around a bit to decide if I wanted to talk to it or the dad milking it.

This one could just be my own incompetence or lack of awareness, but I couldn't read any of the signs.

The games looks and sounds really nice and I appreciated the quirky characters I interacted with and look forward to meeting more of them on my next visit. I was a little disappointed certain systems weren't present in the game yet but I understand they're a bit more complex and will take more time. A somewhat inconsequential nitpick in regard to the startup message: there is a sentence fragment (should be, ...big ideas, and big ideas...) and "independent" is misspelled. Hope I could be of some assistance and I'm excited for more to come! I intend to try and actively pop in and offer my experiences and insights when able.
    Still waiting for these systems to be present in the game

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123