Kynseed fan pixelart by nobbybasspunk - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kynseed fan pixelart by nobbybasspunk

Saw this whilst picking up a few things shopping, thought it was appropriate!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170730_123352.jpg 
Views:	329 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	46

Love this pixel work! i've never worked sprites, but some of the artwork i used to do included pixel outlined pieces. Phew, it took forever! lol the Fae are admittedly my favs.... i love a good magical being. hehe

Quote Originally Posted by sera View Post
    Love this pixel work! i've never worked sprites, but some of the artwork i used to do included pixel outlined pieces. Phew, it took forever! lol the Fae are admittedly my favs.... i love a good magical being. hehe
    Thanks for the kind words it means a lot! Create a fan art thread and post some work, would be good to see some more art. As for the pixels it can take a long time to do especially with animation! A tablet definitely helps with speeding up the process!

I think these are my favorite animations for you thus far. I think the Fel Fae is my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by sera View Post
    i've never worked sprites, but some of the artwork i used to do included pixel outlined pieces.
    I agree with nobby, you should post some of your work if you get a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by nobbybasspunk View Post
    As for the pixels it can take a long time to do especially with animation!
    Man, I can relate. I dabbled in pixel art a number of years ago but animation is entirely lost on me. I'm rubbish at it.

Trivia Fact: I actually made the trader sprite used in the prototype (back when the sprites had long arms, heh).

Everything in moderation, including moderation.

Attachment 37

Mr Fairweather (Hare version)
    You could say that its.... Mr Hareweather

Hey Matt, sorry for the late reply! It's a good sprite man, nice and clear and full of character! Did you do any of the other sprites?

Hey Matt, sorry for the late reply! It's a good sprite man, nice and clear and full of character! Did you do any of the other sprites?
    Nah. Weren't really any characters that needed to be made for the prototype as the hero and dad were made by someone else. The original trader was just a lightly recolored version of the hero's dad and it kinda bugged me so I decided to make a replacement.

Despite being rusty it was still fun to throw together. I basically mimicked the art style of the hero and dad characters (though that character style has changed a bit since the prototype days, of course). And, of course, the trader himself is loosely based off of the trader from the original Fable.

As it happens, I have a folder of some Fable pixel art I made a long time ago. Might make a thread for it someday.
    Everything in moderation, including moderation.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Nah. Weren't really any characters that needed to be made for the prototype as the hero and dad were made by someone else. The original trader was just a lightly recolored version of the hero's dad and it kinda bugged me so I decided to make a replacement.

Despite being rusty it was still fun to throw together. I basically mimicked the art style of the hero and dad characters (though that character style has changed a bit since the prototype days, of course). And, of course, the trader himself is loosely based off of the trader from the original Fable.

As it happens, I have a folder of some Fable pixel art I made a long time ago. Might make a thread for it someday.
    Yeah man post the Fable pixel art I'd love to see them. When I get a spare minute I want to get back on the pixel art. Y'know after I've been with my family, played the games I want to play, painted, seen my mates and done all my work...

Not posted anything here for a while, been busying practising creating pixel landscapes and level mock ups using pixel assets, but I've got an itch to pixel some Fae characters and possibly some piggies... maybe floating piggies.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast