Kynseed fan pixelart by nobbybasspunk - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kynseed fan pixelart by nobbybasspunk

Wow, these are great!
    I'm definitely looking forward to more of your stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    Wow, these are great!
    I'm definitely looking forward to more of your stuff.
    Thanks for the kind words man, I really appreciate it!

Really enjoying these Nobby. I particularly like the Fae ones you've done. I agree with Lozz, that Shimmerkyn is definitely one of my favorites.

I'll be sure to get that GIF support up pronto as I'd really love to see these in motion.
    Everything in moderation, including moderation.

Cheers Matt! I might do some more of the shimmerkyn - I think they'll have different types in their species, could I ask a question? Would the shimmerkyn (and the other fae!) dress like 1800s noblemen/women? Just be cool to add details into the doodles! Thanks for the gif support I appreciate it!

So, they are yet to be concepted (hoping to get the mighty Mike McCarthy hired to do so), but I imagine the Shimmerkyn to be a bit like tall energy humanoids that have weird stuff going on with their bodies (like starfields etc). Would be nice if they even moved a bit disturbingly.
    Fel I imagine to be dressed in gentlemanly clothes generally.

Quote Originally Posted by nobbybasspunk View Post
    Thanks for the gif support I appreciate it!
    Got GIF's working, by the way! See here.

Your pixel art keeps getting better! I hope to see some hand drawn and painted fan art from you at some point.

Hey all! I'm nobbybasspunk and I like to create art with a current focus on pixel art. I've recently created a bunch of images based on the Kynseed sprites (all credit to the original artist - I don't know their name, if anyone is aware please let me know!), please note none of these sprites are going to be in the game and are just for fun (although if the devs want to use them, I'm super affordable!).

anywho...

*GIFS ARE NOT WORKING FOR SOME REASON! PLEASE BEAR WITH ME!

Attachment 35

hero sprites and different hair styles.

Attachment 36

Mr Fairweather

Attachment 37

Mr Fairweather (Hare version)

Attachment 38
    NPC sprite based on concept art by Mike McCarthy (I believe! Apologies if not!)

Trying it with gifs....

New Shimmerkyn Fae...

Dryad Fae animation!

Fel Fae animation!

Mr Fairweather animation!

My hero animation with different hairstyles!

For some reason the forum didn't login me in properly but still let me post the gifs...?

Least they're working!
    If anyone is wondering what program I use to make the images, it's the wonderful Aseprite (https://twitter.com/aseprite) which is amazing. They update it fairly regularly, the animation is smooth and features all of the good stuff you'd expect. If you fancy getting into pixel art, there's a lot of help about - twitter is a brilliant source of inspiration and knowledge!

https://twitter.com/Pixel_Dailies - a brilliant source of pixel art, with lovely folks to learn from.

https://twitter.com/saint11 - this guy is amazing and his weekly pixel art animation tutorials are so informative.

https://twitter.com/Cellusious - if you want to see where I got the inspiration for the Shimmerkyn fae, this is the dude. His colours and figures are otherworldly!

https://twitter.com/PixelGustavo - one of the best out there. His work is huge on scale and imagination.

The hashtag #pixelart is another one stop to finding out so much information.
    Sorry if this a bit boring but I hope it inspires some folks!

For some reason the forum didn't login me in properly but still let me post the gifs...?
    Fixing that issue today actually! And great to see the GIF's are working! The animations definitely bring a lot of personality to the characters.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast