Just some questions
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just some questions

Just some questions

1. is the demo character an adult? How will you depict age through the pixel art, also could you get a haircut in the game? lol

2. What do you think of the recent influx of these type of games there seems to be - My time at portia, RE:Legend, Staxel, Ooblets all visually tremendously different from each other visually but the concepts are aligned with Stardew/Harvest Moon and other famous games like "Boku no Natsuyasumi" <---which I'm kind of surprised isn't a new trendsetter for these type of games. I like the fact you have some of the things Fable has.

3. What will be the standout features that separate you from the pack of those ones coming out in your opinion?

4 - animal/monster AI - One of my favorite things about rain world was the ever-changing ecosystm of predators and prey, you could just literally watch predators hunt and prey even intelligently defending itself..will there be any unique creature/animal AI in the world?

5 - Romance - one of the suggestion I tossed at the MY TIME AT PORTIA devs was why does the player always have to do ALL the work when it comes to romantic interest, so the idea was to have a person who could be interested in you without you doing anything, so perhaps a trigger for it would be you're excellent at farming so the farmers daughter ends up sending you gifts and trying to date you...this way it doesn't seem so one sided and like EVERY other game, you could also be caught cheating and NPC could go out with each other so you're not the only one actively trying to get married its a living breathing organic world..I was wondering if it would be like this for this game as well.

Good questions...will reply tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Good questions...will reply tomorrow

awesome thank you! I'll add one last question to that

6 - With the aging mechanic will players feel rushed to accomplish things or is it something you trigger through an event?
    how does aging work ..through days or through events with a certain amount of time passing by?

1. No, you are a kid.
    2. Too many trying the same thing...only Ooblets stands out as it's more a mix with Pokemon by the looks of it.
    3. We are not primarily a farming game so that's our differentiator...plus the aging, dark themes, NPC lives and non-modern setting etc.
    4. We hope the monsters will have their own habits, Traits and so on.
    5. We are hoping to have NPC's have their own relationships, and become attracted to you.
    6. Only 1 event in the game ages you, once. From then on, time goes as normal. Only the life tax extracted by Mr Fairweather at the year end will advance years.
    At certain ages you become an adult (16) and you personally never become old as you die at 60.
    NPC's age but dont visibly age in realtime. They have baby, kid, adult and old states.

I like the thoughts behind #5. I think the reason that games like Stardew and HM don't use the kind of system is because it's more of a life sim that also has a story that progresses and the romance is a small part of it. You are changing not only the town but their hearts and minds.

Great idea, though

1. No, you are a kid.
    2. Too many trying the same thing...only Ooblets stands out as it's more a mix with Pokemon by the looks of it.
    3. We are not primarily a farming game so that's our differentiator...plus the aging, dark themes, NPC lives and non-modern setting etc.
    5. We are hoping to have NPC's have their own relationships, and become attracted to you.
    6. Only 1 event in the game ages you, once. From then on, time goes as normal. Only the life tax extracted by Mr Fairweather at the year end will advance years.
    At certain ages you become an adult (16) and you personally never become old as you die at 60.
    NPC's age but dont visibly age in realtime. They have baby, kid, adult and old states.
    thank you for answering! definitely going to back this game soon it's got the right amount of stuff I've dreamed for in a game for a looooooooooooong loong time, to be honest the fact that you said dark themes gives me hope all these games are like going into a disney theme park full of happiness, and the NPC living life in a simulation sandbox type of game has always interest me it's why I'm in love with kenshi the whole world is a breath of fresh air even from the random singular lone warrior NPC ..they all have a reason to live in the world.

1. No, you are a kid.

That's why i love you guys and your work!!! the way you are planning this game is just awesome, as Secretcode already said - everything i'm looking for in one game Keep up the good work!

1. No, you are a kid.
    I guess I can ask this as a follow up it's been rolling around in my mind when you say dark themes what do you mean by that? Do you mean Dark like BERSERK level darkness where the story is super tragic and grim with moments of light-themed happiness depending on your choice?

I don't know why but that interest me the most just looking at everything else all the games are light-hearted and fun and don't take much risk in the dark path lol

Will the shop keepers and such age out at 60? I guess their kids take over, or maybe the kids are shown watching the store when they get older as sort of a transition into them becoming the owner one day?

Figured this thread is good for random questions, here it goes!
    1. Are there any plans for things Fable had, such as barbershops to change hair style and facial hair?
    2. I always thought the gaining/losing weight system in Fable was funny but also made the character more unique, any plans for this in Kynseed?
    3. Clothing, I love customization, and not just armor, but like bandana's to cover your mouth, dyes to change colors for shirts and pants, boots or sandals, that sort of thing. Obviously there's plenty to do in the game but just curious if your in game sprite will change based on what you wear?
    and finally 4. Will there be treasure hunting? I saw an animation on twitter of your character digging, and a thought of unearthing treasure in places seemed like a cool possibility.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast