Thread: Ash Brown and the silver butterfly

Ash Brown and the silver butterfly

Hi there,

I have encountered a bug with Ash Brown. After meeting him in Cuckoo Wood on summer 11 year 1 and getting the quest to catch the butterfly, I found the correct pond, threw the pear, caught the butterfly, and returned to him, but no dialog is triggering to complete the quest. I was on my pig for our initial conversation and while I caught the butterfly, but I did try dismounting and talking to him again (no luck). I have a glass jar in my inventory that says it contains a creature, so I'm not sure what's preventing the dialog from triggering. I am on Windows 7, playing through Steam.

I've also noticed poo spawning on the road outside the tavern in Candlewych Village, though there were no pigs in sight. I am concerned about the villagers' manners in this case

Quote Originally Posted by frankensonnet View Post
    Hi there,

I have encountered a bug with Ash Brown. After meeting him in Cuckoo Wood on summer 11 year 1 and getting the quest to catch the butterfly, I found the correct pond, threw the pear, caught the butterfly, and returned to him, but no dialog is triggering to complete the quest. I was on my pig for our initial conversation and while I caught the butterfly, but I did try dismounting and talking to him again (no luck). I have a glass jar in my inventory that says it contains a creature, so I'm not sure what's preventing the dialog from triggering. I am on Windows 7, playing through Steam.

I've also noticed poo spawning on the road outside the tavern in Candlewych Village, though there were no pigs in sight. I am concerned about the villagers' manners in this case
    I had a similar issue! I wasn't riding a pig, but I found the Silver Skipper and went looking for Ash to report back... but the task was already struck out in my tasklist, and now I'm stuck with this ridiculous (and probably magical) insect with no notion of how to use it. Into the hoard with ya!