Thread: Gassy Apple Issue

Gassy Apple Issue

Hey y'all! Love the game! I have a quest that needs gassy apples in particular, but it seems like they just get added as a regular "Apple" in my inventory and I can't gift them out in particular. Is this a common/known thing or am I doing something wrong?

Gassy apples require a proverb to identify. Until you find that proverb, they'll stack together with regular apples. Once you get the "knowledge" to identify them, the stack will split.

Ooooh, that's handy, I'll keep my eye out for it. Thanks!

I've discovered the proverb but the stack hasn't split and any new purple (gassy) apples I pick up still seem to go straight to the regular apple stack. It looks like there is only the one proverb, right? And even if not shouldn't I be able to find them now? Is this a bug after all or am I still missing something..?

where is the gassy apple proverb?

Quote Originally Posted by cosmikitty View Post
    I've discovered the proverb but the stack hasn't split and any new purple (gassy) apples I pick up still seem to go straight to the regular apple stack. It looks like there is only the one proverb, right? And even if not shouldn't I be able to find them now? Is this a bug after all or am I still missing something..?
    I'm confused as well, because I don't know where the proverb is -- I've hooked the one that was below the cliff near the south entrance of the farm a couple of days ago, and that's no longer the gassy apple proverb (I checked in my proverbs inventory). And I've hooked the one to the north of the farm, which is listed on the Kynseed Fandom Wiki as being the gassy apple proverb, but again it's no longer the gassy apple proverb.

I've found about half of the proverbs according to the log at the main menu screen, but I can't find the gassy apple one!

This should be addressed in the next build (currently on experimental branch). We've gone through some changes with proverbs lately and the way that item traits work so that the uncovering of traits is more about revealing what they do instead of uncovering and splitting items up. So the proverb info on the wiki is a bit out of date on that front.