Welcome to the Kynseed backer build!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Kynseed backer build!

Welcome to the Kynseed backer build!

Walking into a brand new subforum like:

Welcome, dear backers! This is the discussion forum for the Kynseed backer build! Please buckle up for safety and share any and all feedback, impressions, and ideas in this subforum. Feel free to make any new threads you want or reply to any existing threads as you like. If you find any bugs on your beta travels, please be sure to report them in the designated bug squashing zone. Cheers!
    Last edited by Matt; November 14th, 2018 at 07:38am.
    Everything in moderation, including moderation.

Whoop! Had a quick blast on the beta, going to have a proper go tomorrow! Twig's house looks amazing!

I did my lil youtube video of it and i'll continue the series (so far everyone says they want it woohoo) but maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, you guys have a REALLY amazing exploring aspect going on - i love the fact i can actually get lost, you got the ultima feeling there on point, just walking around feels like i'm finding something new and interesting every second.

the unique NPC designs though are the bread and butter my god they are so good and fun to look at and some families are SUPER CREEPY lol

I haven't yet received a key despite signing up as a land shaper backer yesterday. Is there a support email that I need to contact? I've tried twitter and the "contact us" form on the website. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by whitewolf View Post
    I haven't yet received a key despite signing up as a land shaper backer yesterday. Is there a support email that I need to contact? I've tried twitter and the "contact us" form on the website. Thanks!
    Hi there whitewolf! We've been getting a slew of messages on all the platforms so I may have not gotten to your message just yet. Sorry 'bout that! If you want, feel free to send me a message here on the forums with the email you backed at and I'll take a look and see what might've happened.
    Everything in moderation, including moderation.

Just fiddled with the beta a bit; don't feel like I personally encountered any bugs, maybe just a few things that haven't been finished yet or need more polish. I stopped my romp prematurely because I ended up accidentally riding the pig and couldn't figure out how to dismount. Seemed like I could still do a few things but I couldn't interact with people. Beyond that, my first impressions and suggestion have mostly to do with the UI for interactions and such. I'd made some notes:

I felt the interaction interface was somewhat awkward. I think it would be better if when you opened it, it stayed open and let you select your option through an action, rather than auto-selecting the option you arrow keyed to after lifting your finger from the E key. Being able to move your cursor and select the option would also be good. I selected an option I hadn't meant to a few times from tapping E and having it select the option my cursor happened to be closest to at the time.

When interacting with the world, I didn't have a problem selecting things with the right mouse button, but it felt unnatural for me as the selection key during interactions and on other interfaces, like maybe some other key like E would be appropriate, though that one could just be a personal preference on my part rather than something needing to be changed. When toggling items for gifts or feeding or offerings would be an example of this; I also noticed the arrow keys for selection on this screen are inverted and offer some resistance. I need to hold down the arrow key rather than tapping it to move to another item or it will "bounce back" a bit.

An option to toggle targets for interaction would be good if there isn't one; though I didn't see a need for interacting with the cow in the time I'd played, I had to shuffle around a bit to decide if I wanted to talk to it or the dad milking it.

This one could just be my own incompetence or lack of awareness, but I couldn't read any of the signs.

The games looks and sounds really nice and I appreciated the quirky characters I interacted with and look forward to meeting more of them on my next visit. I was a little disappointed certain systems weren't present in the game yet but I understand they're a bit more complex and will take more time. A somewhat inconsequential nitpick in regard to the startup message: there is a sentence fragment (should be, ...big ideas, and big ideas...) and "independent" is misspelled. Hope I could be of some assistance and I'm excited for more to come! I intend to try and actively pop in and offer my experiences and insights when able.

we're the keys going out in waves, or all at once?

The keys for landscaper ($33) and above have been sent out yesterday. The other will be sent today probably round noon PST.

I was kind of wondering about spoilers I'm not sure if things are actually randomized or if there will be sort of structured scenarios in the world, when i say randomized i mean emergent quest that can happen dynamically in the world - so i guess what im saying will there be a spoilers forum or does it even matter? just don't want to mess up the experience for anyone.

Ahhh I can't wait for my sweet little key to arrive..I'm already looking out for the carrier piggys~

Sadly it's gonna be around midnight over here when the keys will come..Hopefully I won't get too sleepy while waiting

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast