Character Aging Art - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Character Aging Art

Games with a 'speed up' option implies that it has parts you wouldn't enjoy and need to speed through. Sims have the rabbit holes (jobs, shopping etc). I think paying to lose years would work better.

Also do they age faster or just die younger from Mr. Fairweather deals?

Only you have the Kynseed. When you buy an item from him, he collects the life tax at the year end.
    The next year starts in the year it is after the life cost....everyone has aged...your 'disappearance' will be mentioned as though you had gone adventuring...anyone affected by Fae magic just carries on with slightly confused looks, as though they had a hazy dream and everything is normal.
    Of course, people can die during this time so you will be notified by raven of any deaths that occurred.

I gotta say - I love that, at first glance, Mr. Fairweather seems like an interesting and slightly whimsical magic man but then when you look closer and actually stop and think about it, he's got some pretty sinister undertones going on there.

I love the idea of a raven letting you know of any deaths you might have missed, just in case you formed an attachment to someone

This makes sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Currently a day is set at 8 minutes.
    There are currently 14 days in a season (2 weeks of 7 days)...so that's 112 minutes per season / 448 per year.
    This makes a year over 7 hours, which is too long.
    Now, there is no need to rush through the game and there will be ways to move it forwards, but we will need to carefully balance it a bit later and look at how to make sure you are not spending 7 hours getting to the year end.
    We could reduce a day to 6 minutes, but also maybe have 2 weeks of 5 days per season.
    This would bring it to an hour per season; 4 for the year.
    It would be good to know all your thoughts?
    Do you want time passing quickly? Do you want to chill and not worry about time passing?
    Let us know!
    For me personally, 7 hours for a year is not too long at all - I wouldn't even mind it taking double of that. The only thing I've ever hated in video games is feeling like there's a rush or a deadline biting me in the ass. I want to have time to talk to every single NPC, hear all their stories, explore every single part of the map. I'm simply a sucker for lore and background stories that bring depth to the characters and the world. Obviously just my preference, and I'm sure you guys can figure out a pace that works for most people Maybe using something that cuts the days short (like in Stardew, events, going to bed early etc. ends the day and speeds up the game that way) but are avoidable to those who want to take it slow.

Malmö, Sweden (but working in Copenhagen)
    I totally agree Starodii! I Rather take my time and if I want the day to end I just go to bed. I coincidentally do this in real life.. (I'm a morning person). I honestly felt rushed sometimes in Stardew Valley, lik "Is that the time already?!" All though.. that is something I've thought many times in real life so.. that is quite realistic to be honest..
    What does firefighters have nightmares about? Old flames

in my opinion the sprites for the teens look on the older side.

which in particular?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345